Old Facebook.app?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Arythael, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Arythael

Arythael New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Since the new version of facebook isn't compatible with biteSMS, and because it doesn't really add any significant features besides places and bug fixes, I'd like to go back to the old version of facebook so I can get my biteSMS functionality back. Is there any way to downgrade an app or download an old version of an app? If not, could someone post their Facebook.app (if it's forum legal)?
  2. mikeac

mikeac Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Even though it is free, it is still illegal.

Check your recycle bin for the old Facebook.app.
  3. Runner8m

Runner8m New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    What is recycle bin?
  4. alain1978

alain1978 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Yes, once you install a new version of an app, itunes AUTOMATICALLY send the old version of that app to the recycle bin, so as folk said before, first of all look for old app version at recycle bin, save it or copy to a safe place like usb or something, uninstall newest version of app in itunes screen select the option to erase completely, and then you can install you old app again. cheers.
  5. Badd_Blood

Badd_Blood Well-Known Member

No one here will give you the app. But it's out there somewhere... and it's up to you. I don't see why facebook would break bitesms
  6. SteppingSplash

SteppingSplash Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I completely hated one of the Facebook updates back in the day, so what I did is first delete it from my iPod, then I went to the Recycle Bin on my PC, like everyone said, and found the IPA file of the previous Facebook version. Move the IPA to somewhere else on the computer (even the desktop is fine) and open up iTunes and delete the Facebook app from in there. Then, drag/drop the older Facebook IPA into iTunes, and sync that one to your iWhatever that you're using. Voila! You have an older version of Facebook!
    The only downside is that you are going to constantly be nagged about an update for it, which sucks. So you can't press the "Update All" button when you have ten apps to update, you'll have to do them one-by-one and skip Facebook or else you'll use your precious old Facebook!