Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sharpshooter101

Sharpshooter101 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Do any of you remember the good old days when jailbreaking the ipod was a click of an internet link. i was just upgrading to 3.12 and thought this is worse than it was before. and now we hav things such as icy and cydia. What happened to installer and sources? i used to love those days. and themes where did themes go.? this was only back during 1.1-4. and now we have things like pwnage, redsnow, and blackrain while back then there was only a dev team. the pioneers of jailbreaking
  2. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I've got to be honest with you, this has got to be the 100th "Remember the old days" thread I've posted in.

I don't miss the old days. I want the new days to come.
  3. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
  4. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

• Apple made jailbreaking harder to do by 'patching security.'
    • Cydia was around in 1.1.x.
    • Installer became a piece of sh*t when it was given to RiP Dev. Then it was abandoned.
    • The same old community sources still exist. STE, BigBoss, iSpazio, etc.
    • Themes still exist, albeit in slightly crappier form as less than qualified graphic designers have discovered BigBoss. Alternatively, you can use MacThemes, Macristocracy (get an invite), or Black Cursor (get an invite) for your iPhone theming.
    • Pwnage Tool and redsn0w are made by the Dev Team, who were not the single pioneers of jailbreaking. Many other people also contributed, most notably geohot and DVD Jon, who created the first hardware unlock and activation respectively. geohot made blackra1n. These guys haven't gone away.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.