oktoPrep not being installed

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by sahitanand, Nov 16, 2007.

1. sahitanand

sahitanand New Member

k...i have a problem....i had jailbroken my ipod on the 1.1.2 before but i screwed up the icon arrangement in the customize thing so i decided to restore and jailbreak it all over again. now i have jailbroken the 1.1.1 i installed bsd open ssh summerboard now im trying to install oktoprep but during installation it says " Main script Execution failed"..

anything i missed or i have to install before installing oktoprep??

pls help

cheers
  2. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Reboot your iPod and try to instlal oktoPrep again. If that still doesn't work, restore, and install NOTHING but installer, and then oktoPrep. That means no SummerBoard, SSH and BSD as well. They're going to be lost going from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 anyways.
  3. jefflai2

jefflai2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i guessed u've restored ur ipod using the shift+click restore way? do not do that because it will wipe off the oktoprep changes ... so jus use the usual update way and download using itunes, it will work

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Harry Goldfarb

Harry Goldfarb New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Help!

K the message has poped up to ugrade i havent yet because the OktoPrep says Main Script Ececution has failed. I have tried rebooting but it still doesn't work. Almost everything else has worked perfectly, it's just this prep. HELP PLZ!!
  5. oddjobbob

oddjobbob New Member

try this

Andy and Jeff got it right. Restore you IPT even if you get to 1.1.2 firmware then...
    dont waste your time looking through this forum for the answer...use this webpage

http://www.touchdev.net/wiki/Jailbreak_1.1.2.

downgrade to 1.1.1 and follow ALL the direction exactly. Dont put anything on your IPT until you get the october thing and then do the upgrade. You will think you lose installer but it will reappear
  6. azabu

azabu New Member

I also got the same problem with you.. Can anyone help us??
  7. xchristheisx

xchristheisx New Member

Help

I have the same problem, i actualy had done this already but had to restore ipod and now its not working!! I did notice that the installer.app is new, and it doesnt work work with the new installer.app 3.0b8, i am pretty sure thats the problem but hey, what do i know...
  8. ipodtouchlover

ipodtouchlover New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you could try and install oktoprep manually
  9. 8gigaPodTouch

8gigaPodTouch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    manually? how?

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. andy.c

andy.c New Member

I have just downgraded to 1.1.1, visited jailbreakme.com and now have the Installer app on my home screen. I then tried to install OKToPrep and it does look like it finishes (all the tiemlines gets filled and I get back to the home screen when it's done), but there's no icon on the home screen.
    I've followed the instructions, any suggestions?