Okay.

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by aftershock68, Apr 19, 2008.

1. aftershock68

aftershock68 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you may know, I have been around for a while helping members of this forum, but it is now my time to need help. After trying WinPwn out, and failing, I have come to a point where it is impossible to do anything. After receiving error (6), about nine times restoring to my custom firmware, I decided to say "screw it" and restore to a regular version of 1.1.4. I was again faced with failure, the error (6). Now what? I am not whining, "Omg me ipods arez brickled," I just need some direction on how to get out of this? It boots into restore mode, and it will not restore from DFU. Yes, I can jump into normal mode using ZiPhone, but it jumps back into restore mode upon reboot. I do not like that. Lol.
  2. Hiratai

Hiratai Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Use inDependence or iBrickr once you're in recovery mode. It will put you in normal or whatever you want to call it mode.
  3. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok...Try to kick it into DFU mode using ziphone (I hate ziphone but i only use it for the dfu stuff). Then try to restore. If that does not work, reboot your computer and try again. If your iPod currently Jailbroken?
  4. aftershock68

aftershock68 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You don't get it, iTunes errors out from DFU mode, and I know I can get into normal mode, but it jumps into restore mode after reboot. If I lock up during school or something, what am I supposed to do?

TESLA, I need you!
  5. Freefall

Freefall New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Thats really wierd as Error 6 and Error 10 are alsmost always caused by incorrect boot logo's?

And yet to be getting it when using a normal apple firmware???

0_o
  6. Hiratai

Hiratai Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Use Windows and use iBrickr. It makes it stay permanent.
  7. aftershock68

aftershock68 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I know iBrickr. The CMD FSBOOT command and sequence only stayed permanent for the soft upgrades. My problem is caused by an incomplete firmware.
  8. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Redownload the firmware, extract WTF.s5l8900xall.RELEASE.dfu from iPod1,1_1.1.4_4A102_Restore.ipsw/Firmware/dfu, send it to your iPod with iPHUC via the filecopytophone command while in restore mode, execute cmd go and restore from iTunes.
    It sounds like you've somehow touched the original firmware and that you're using the WTF file from the custom firmware to control DFU mode.
    I don't know if that's even touched, but just redownload the .ipsw to be safe.
  9. aftershock68

aftershock68 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It said Filecopytophone: 11
  10. aftershock68

aftershock68 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch