Okay, so I've decided to buy a MacBook

Discussion in 'October 14, 2008 Event' started by guitarbball0092, Oct 16, 2008.

1. guitarbball0092

guitarbball0092 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ... and I was wondering, if, while using VMWare or bootcamp, I could run my old software and video games that are on CDs meant for PCs on a mac through the drive? Like, could I run Halo 3 for PC on my mac, or is the slot-loading drive like different then a PC's drive?
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Of course!

I dont have a mac, but im pretty sure that you dont have to do anything special to use Windows CDs.
  3. MrFairladyz

MrFairladyz Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    halo 3 is out for pc???

Edit: OMFG ive been trying to post this for about 45 min. so i go to another thread to passs time in a new tab and every time i forget about this one and i post then i have to wait another minute before i post so then i go to another thread to pass time but i keep posting so now im typing this so i hope by the time its done itll be a minute...

EDIT: it WAS a minute

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Nope, Halo 3 isn't out for PC, well, not yet.

Halo 3: Recon coming out Autumn of '09 for the 360 looks amazing though. I'll get that.

To the OP: Yes, you can do anything as far as reading discs and/ or software with VMWare/ Bootcamp. Someone confirm this though.
  5. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I don't think VMWare is the best solution for gaming.
    I'd use Boot Camp, it would be the best solution compared to emulating Windows.
  6. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    emulators would make the game slow and laggy, using boot camp wouldnt. I would go for boot camp.
  7. iPhoneFTW

iPhoneFTW New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I would use Bootcamp, both parallels and VM are laggy
  8. deltaspecops

deltaspecops New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm currently dual booting OSX and Vista with bootcamp and I must say Vista scored higher on this macbook pro (early 2008) then it did on my desktop pc (built 08 as well for gaming) I'm surprised at how well Vista runs, the only issues I have are lack of right click...

I have also set up parallels desktop to run the Bootcamp vista partition as a virtual machine and it lag spikes like no other... the only reason I use vista is purely for gaming. As nice as running those games in OSX sounds, it just isn't fast enough.

Bottom line, use bootcamp...

...and when your running vista or xp, all cds mice and other pc equip will work flawlessly. Don't even bother installing a Virtual OS machine its a waste of time and space, but i'll admit it looks cool and can fool your friends until they say, "wow, cool go play Counter Strike Source I love the surf maps" *loads game, craps out due to lag* (personal experience)
  9. guitarbball0092

guitarbball0092 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Sounds good, I decided to go with Bootcamp anyways because it's cheaper

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

There is no right click on Vista dual boot :O ? WTF ?