okay so i need some help NOW

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by killa313, Feb 6, 2009.

1. killa313

killa313 New Member

so i was using the new tool redtools and whenever i would try to apply the custom firmware it made it would not work, so to make a long story short, my ipod is not in recovery mode, but it is on the screen that shows up when u first boot ur ipod (non jailbroken) so right now heres what im seeing

the little iTunes logo at the top, and a picture of a USB cable at the bottom and a little arrow poiniting from the USB cable to the iTunes logo

is there any way of getting out of this without deleting EVERYTHING i had on it? because my comp that had all my musci and vids on it crashed so idk is there any way to "get out alive" or not?
  2. chivasgarcia

chivasgarcia New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    use redj0hnny.. type 'fsboot'
  3. killa313

killa313 New Member

dude i cant get redJ0hnny to work, any tips, i downloaded and extracted the files, but when i boot it up (im using vista32 by the way) it just shuts back down again
  4. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    open a command prompt then type cd, hit the space bar and drag the folder that contains redj0hnny.exe onto your command prompt window. Hit enter and it should change to the redj0hnny directory.

Once you're there, type this command "redj0hnny.exe fsboot"

your iPod's background will turn yellow and it will boot into the userland after a second or two. There will not be an Apple logo displayed.

Good luck.
  5. killa313

killa313 New Member

k so i opened the command prompt window and typed cd, and pressed space, but it wount let me drag anything in the command prompt
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Wait it works!!!!!!

Thank u soooooooooooo much u dont know how thankful i am!!!
  6. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No problem, try the app again and see if it fails. I don't think anyone else had an issue with it sticking in recovery mode. Now you know the fix

Please Register or Log in to view images