Okay, serious problem here.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Skyty, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Skyty

Skyty New Member

Okay, after watching like 5 Youtube videos of how to Jailbreak a first gen 2.1 iPod Touch I decided to give it a shot.

So I downloaded iTouch firmware (yes I did make sure like 10 times it was the correct one), and QuickPwn 2.1. So, I go through all the steps, then I get to the "hold home for 5 seconds" page. I do all that jazz then I wait. It gets stuck on "Uploading exploit bootloader". Whats wrong here.

Also I thought I'd mention I have music and videos on it when I do this, would that be a problem?
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

No, it shouldn't be. However, does the iPod show any activity on the screen? It should show a hard drive icon if it's working. Is the iPod directly connected to the computer, or going through a USB hub?
  3. Skyty

Skyty New Member

My screen turns all black. I have it connected by the Apple USB connector.

Edit:
    Okay, this is weird... I just did the QuickPWN on my other computer, and it works.... I did it EXACTLY the same...
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Do you have a copy of the firmware on your desktop? Maybe you got some corrupt firmware.
  5. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

I'm betting your computer didn't put the iPod into Recovery Mode right, or didn't see the iPod in DFU mode, as it would've connected immediately and shown that hard drive icon if it was working.