okay... Restore?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by kingdeath, Mar 4, 2008.

1. kingdeath

kingdeath New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    hey okay im on my ipod right now, but umm, i jailbroke my ipod close to a month ago, and yesterday i plugged my ipod into the computer, and my computer recognizes it but says hardware error. My computer now itunes recognizes it. I thried 3 different ports, and same thing happened!! Do i restore? Whaat happens if in recovery mode, my ipod isnt recognized?? Btw its frmware 1.1.1..... Anyhelp?? Plz?
  2. beezy

beezy New Member

welcome to IPTF, isee this is ur first post

Please Register or Log in to view images

well try restarting ur comp, and if that dont work, try a completley new comp..
    re-install itunes
    any of the above might work
  3. kingdeath

kingdeath New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I tried everything sept try a.new comp. I only have 1 comp. Also, what if that doesnt work?
  4. beezy

beezy New Member

i guess u might have to restore, but before u do, try to explain in more detail wathappens upon plugging in ur ipod (i forgot to add amke sure ur ipod is updated)
  5. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

your computer should recegnize it in recovery mode. after you restore you should start over as a new ipod instead of your backup itunes. just because this happened doesnt mean you shouldnt jailbreak again, i have never heard of this situation and it probably wont happen a second time and if it does it is probably your computer that is the problem.
  6. kingdeath

kingdeath New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    okay well i tried to restore it, well like i forced my ipod into restore mode, and the same damn thing happened again. i plug my ipod touch 1.1.1 into my computer, and i hear a tripple beep thing when i plug my ipod into the computer (you guys normally only hear one little beep, but i guess when there is an error, you get 3 beeps) anyway, i so force restarted it, and thankfully i still have everything on it its just that i really want to restore it now, but i cant. i cant ssh into cuz my computer wont find it. well it finds it, but comes up with an error. any help anyone???

I spoze i could reinstall itunes but i really doubt that would change anything. ill do it, but hang a second... if i do taht, will my dad and mother loose all their music?
  7. beezy

beezy New Member

okay, last resorts, try an itunes alternative, Touchcopy (google it)it also lets u access your media folder it requires a serial though so PM me...
    try that Japanese app thing, were its like a virtual ipod, lets u SSH, and restore and make backups...http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47326