okay just pointing this out...

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by jakeo1992, Jul 13, 2008.

1. jakeo1992

jakeo1992 New Member

You have to put yourself in a developers shoes..if you spent countless hours making an app for someone else to enjoy, wouldnt you want something back?
    i think $10 isnt that bad for something that took time out of another persons life.
    Go look at how much games cost for the psp, the nintendo ds, or the xbox360(even tho its hard to compare a handheld, with a thing like the 360, which has as much power as a pc)...they average about 50 dollars...id be grateful that your getting anything from the developers for the amount of sh*t people are giving them...

My price range for games like monkey ball, is $10, its a full fleged game, a new version made for the iphone/itouch!! i would spend more for a game/app depending on my favor for the app.
    Now for games like tetris, or pacman, i wouldnt go more than $4, for the fact that its really a port, and i am not into those games..but if you want the app that bad, you wont care what the price is.
    Applications like AIM, Myspace mobile, should be free, because they are free on the pc..i think all apps that are free on the pc, should be free on the iphone and ipod touch..

the only time i would spend more than $10, is if it was an application like microsoft word, exel, etc.. or a photoshop type deal.

i want to hear your guys opinions, but i dont want to start an argument, so lets be mature and talk like adults here.
  2. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

keep in mind that console game offer infinately more depth than games on the Touch...

The way your stating it is that you can play games like Metal Gear Solid 4 on the Touch, which is false...
  3. jakeo1992

jakeo1992 New Member

Your are right, but these still take a lot of time to code...these apps being created are (usually) made to the ipod/iphones full potential. the psp isnt to much greater in ram power.(without overclocking hacks)
  4. Ipodtouch97

Ipodtouch97 Banned

5. therobinsonator

therobinsonator New Member

i think unless its too cool it should be free or 1.99
  6. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

I have a question for you...

How long do you think it takes to code a game for the PS3?

Furthermore, how large do you think their budgets are?

Metal Gear Solid 4, and Grand Theft Auto 4 were made on hundred million dollar budgets...
  7. jakeo1992

jakeo1992 New Member

My price range for games like monkey ball, is $10, its a full fleged game, a new version made for the iphone/itouch!!
    Now for games like tetris, or pacman, i wouldnt go more than $4, for the fact that its really a port.
    Applications like AIM, Myspace mobile, should be free, because they are free on the pc..i think all apps that are free on the pc, should be free on the iphone and ipod touch..

the only time i would spend more than $10, is if it was an application like microsoft word, exel, etc.. or a photoshop type deal.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Your right, again..but its still time....the people who make those games, its their job, they get paid for it, they dont worry about the consumer(usually) they make the app good so they get their paycheck..the iphone devs dont, they make these apps for our eas and enjoyment..
  8. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

define "free"

you can play Tetris and pacman online for free, and I'm sure you could just emulate SmB for free on your PC...
  9. jakeo1992

jakeo1992 New Member

To put the app in the appstore, as an ipod/iphone app, it still has to be coded by somebody, its just easier to port, than to start from scratch....but back on the coding topic..its hard to compare a handheld to ps3 lol =]
  10. music4life

music4life Active Member

Well said. But I do see where your coming from. Just a slight overexaggeration in the comparison.