Okay is 3.0 worth updating to?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by nbakid23, Jul 8, 2009.

1. nbakid23

nbakid23 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I can't seem to find my answer anywhere, so... Does EVERYTHING work fine? Do all the apps, winterboard, SBS settings, gpsphone, NES emulator work fine? Do I need ANYTHING additional for these things to work? Or can I just jailbreak and sync? I really don't want to update and then find out that something or the other is not working. Is everything compatible on 2.2.1 compatible with 3.0??

Also is the battery life with 3.0 better?

Thanks.
  2. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    apparently 3.1 will bring better battery life, dun know how.
  3. Kid Dynomite

Kid Dynomite New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    when is that releasing btw and yes winterboard works and so does SBsettings not sure about emulators though and be weary of cydia crashing i have to time pressing packages to prevent it lol maybe 3.1 will be more stable?
  4. mat1111fun

mat1111fun New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No its not worth updating to,you can acsess almost a the features through cydia,the search feature=quickgold copy and paste= clippy, Anything else im missing in the 3.0 features except for bluetooth.
    BTW not every thing can run on 3.0
  5. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    But QuickGold sucks compared to Spotlight. Clippy blows compared to the default copy/paste.

3.0 is tons better than 2.2.1 all of the apps that most people use are being ported over for 3.0 on Cydia.

All of the best apps in Cydia work on 3.0
  6. pyroxp7

pyroxp7 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Yeah, once I downgraded from 3.0 to 2.2.1 on my iPod Touch, I realized all the differences between both. I thought 3.0 was pretty crappy, but the WiFi seems better and everything seems smoother. But if I were you, I would wait a little longer because eventually mostly everything will be switched to 3.0 or 3.1 (maybe), and by that time, hopefully everything will be good.
  7. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Well, I spent USD9.95 to upgrade to the 3.0 firmware and thus far, the new OS is doing fine... WiFi is certainly running well, even on a one-bar status and there are also loads of other great features such as cut-copy-paste, Spotlight, enhanced Stock app, landscape for Notes and Mail, and more options to fast-forward a song...

Now it's on to the 3.1 update... The Beta version is out now, but I heard that the official version may be released in around a fortnight's time... Is that true?