okay..im starting to get pissed..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by screw-rb, Feb 23, 2010.

1. screw-rb

screw-rb New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    alright..so i think my ipod touch is stuck in "restore" mode..i have tried so many different things to undo it..so okay, here is the story..first when my ipod was working..playing music and apps and whatnot, it started to not connect to my computer to charge..so i plugged it into my other computer to charge, and it did..i did this for about a week..then i got some new music, and went to put it on my ipod, i couldnt..so i just said whatever, and used my ipod fior another week..then i tried to connect it to itunes agian, wasnt working..then i went to apple support and did the whole "5 steps to recovory" and it didnt work..so then i totally reset it, from the actual ipod..meaning delete everything. it was not connected to my cmputer when i did this..So, then when it was done doing this, i tried to connect it to my computwer, and then it said this: One of the devices connected to the computer has malfunctoned, andwindows does not recignize it..So, i went online t ry to look for a solution..and i got some things, like you know, unbicking and jailbreaking..but absolutley nothing is working...everytime i turn the ipod on, it does the apple logo, and then goes to the connect cord, pointing to th itunes logo. every single time..i dont know what to do..do i have a broken ipod? can the apple geniuese fix it? help..i want to listen to music at work agian..
  2. me123

me123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Install libUSB and reinstall itunes. That should fix any problems with hardware atleast, Make sure you reboot after both installs.

If you can get into DFU mode (While it is off, hold both power and home buttons for 10 seconds, no less , then let go of JUST the power and hold home for 5-10 seconds) then it should pop up "Detcted apple recovery/DFU mode" or similar, iTunes should be able to restore it from there!

But yeah, it will require you to reformat your ipod basically, if you have your music then you won't need to worry, you can resync.
  3. kewlgreen

kewlgreen Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I didn't know software could fix hardware problems

Please Register or Log in to view images

libUSB would make it worse if anything, unless you plan to use the iRecovery Terminal (which i'm sure you won't be)

Best bet is to DFU as said above (if it is software)
    Best bet for hardware problem is to get a new ipod.
  4. me123

me123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It won't make anything worse (in standard cases of what a user may do) and would be required if it's needed to be recovered another way, such as using an unlocker to patch iBSS for you in case there really is something wrong with the kernel, that you can't fix by using iTunes (as it would return an error rather than patch it.). A new iPod isn't a solution unlesst here is superficial damage to it.
  5. kewlgreen

kewlgreen Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I know it'll BSoD vista lol. (happened to me) but other than that you're right.
  6. AllGoodMoney

AllGoodMoney New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    try reset it back to default and it should fix your problem but erase everything in the process