Okay, give it to me straight. pro's and con's of 1.1.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by FallingBalloon, Jan 28, 2008.

1. FallingBalloon

FallingBalloon New Member

What are the advantages to Jailbreaking 1.1.3? I haven't seen any big ones. If anything, all I've seen are complaints about it. Lack of support for many applications, inability to restore in iTunes... I know the inability to restore is more likely an iTunes problem, but I've yet to see anyone with 1.1.2 have any problems restoring...

It just seems unjustified for me to update. I really need to hear the upgrades that this provides for me...

If this doesn't really improve on what I've got now, 1.1.2, then I don't see the point...

Sure, if SDK shows big potential, or rather offers major benefits, then I'll probably upgrade. Until then, I need someone to validate it for me.

What are the Pro's and Cons of going to 1.1.3?
  2. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    In my mind 1.1.2 is better but in a few weeks all the important apps, for example smb and customize, will be perfectly compatible with 1.1.3 and thats when i will also jailbreak.
  3. FallingBalloon

FallingBalloon New Member

Haha, I hav emy iPod pulgged in next to me, sitting on the installer page that will jailbreak it...

I feel like a suicidal man glancing at his gun every now and then, wondering if he should go through with it or not.

I know I shouldn't follow through, but I really want to get whatever options are available...

The suspense is killing me, haha.
  4. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yea two nights ago when the dev team jb came out and i did this method http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30562 big props to jfb392 and it was jailbreaking my ipod when it when onto the next step and the command prompt popped up show what it was doing an i hit x. It was like 3 am so i was really tired wanted jb 1.1.3 and i thought it was a pop up. So i had to restart and now im staying at 1.1.2 until 1.1.3 jb provides better stuff.
  5. goodxguy

goodxguy New Member

none

unless u like the wiggly icons and the ability to add bookmarks to your springboard then upgrade but other than that both firmwares work the same..

i currently have 1.1.3 but am thinking about going back to 1.1.2 because i miss summberboard and the wallpaper

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. awaldtsean

awaldtsean New Member

Downside

Some Apps Dont Work, Such As My Favorite And Most Used One...

Homework Agenda, As I Am A High School Student And It Comes In Handy :/
  7. aaron80

aaron80 New Member

Actually i have the same thoughts as TS. What advantages/benefits does JB 1.1.3 offers? Except for wiggly icons n bookmarks on the springboard. Does the firmware 1.1.3 offers improvements to our ipod touch's performance over 1.1.2? Eg. Better audio n video quality, faster browsing on the internet? I m very tempted to Jb to 1.1.3 but only see ppl complaining about it n no significant improvements.
  8. tootricky

tootricky New Member

Well:

1. I can't SSH into my Applications folder since the "upgrade"
    2. I have lost a large number of great apps because the sources have been removed or are funked. (I didn't backup like a duffass, but even if I did 1. above scuppers me replacing apps.)
    3. The power usage seems to have gone through the roof.

But I have got wiggly icons and goggle maps works much better. :/

Downgrading to 1.1.2 at the weekend.
  9. JonSingh12

JonSingh12 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    omg r u guys kidding me the best feature of 1.1.3 is wiggly icons ! everything else is just 1.1.2

i'm sad i upgraded so many apps that i actually use arn't compatible. sux cause i do use catagories alot i use to have just one icon on my springboard and 4 in the dock now i got sh*t load on the springboard sux a well hope catagories at the least gets ported over before smb n customize. Either way it's all good. I got how to change the dock in 1.1.3 without any external application. That makes it look a bit nice i guess ...

My suggestion stay right where you are with 1.1.2 wait for about 3 - 4 weeks for everything to be ported then make your switch i bet you could go 3 -4 weeks without wiggly icons. It isn't that good anyways i rather customize case i can have it organize all my icons alphabetically. Dragging around 70 sum odd icons isn't fun. Trust me wait 3 - 4 weeks then make your move. By then there might be a couple more jailbreaking methods and useful tools and everything might be ported and all should be well by then.
  10. tootricky

tootricky New Member

Okay, Ive changed my mind.

All my problems where down to not having enough disk space to install new apps. Check out this thread if you are having problems like:

* springboard crashing when you try to install new apps
    * Unable to SSH into the applications folder
    * apps missing from your sources.

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19572&page=11

Oh and the wiggly thing has one GREAT feature that replaces folders completely: the ability to have different "screens". Now I have a screen for apple apps and day to day tols, a screen for games and a screen for preferences etc.

1.1.3 is starting to make sense