1. fenderman8000

fenderman8000 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So I did not like my JB iPod touch so i restored it. It looked like everything was going swell, until I updated my Apps into my new "factory" ipod. The problem was none of them showed up. And the ones that didnt show up were the ones that I used to place in folders in the "categories" app. Also even though I fully restored it, I had 4 iblank invisible icons as well..... WTHFHF How do i fix this? Is there anyway I can COMPLETELY CLEAR out EVERYTHING on my iPod? not just a simple restore but like literally delete all temporary folders and stuff.
  2. chavanak

chavanak Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    After restoring it, try to set it up as a new ipod and do not use the backup
    Btw from next time on use a proper title to your thread.
  3. fenderman8000

fenderman8000 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    But I need to use my backups. They have all my saved data and all that stuff on it and is really important. Is there any way I can make my apps not be hidden?
  4. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    yeah... ur pretty screwed... ur best bet is to rejailbreak, and then restore from back up and sync all of ur apps. then go download sbsettings, and then go to more, hide icons, and then unhide them all.. after that, back up ur ipod, and then restore to factory. thats the only way to get the apps back.. at least that i know of... and i know a lotta stuff.. sooo.. yeah.. lesson learned. categories can screw up ur stuff... its helpful but dangerous...
  5. Chrisschulz

Chrisschulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Way I see it is categories is helpfull when you are going to stick with your jailbreak
  6. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    yes. thats true.. its only helpful if u are going to stick with ur jailbreak.. but if u know that if any apps are in a folder, and then u restore to normal and if u no that those apps wont show up... then ur ok.. but in this case...

@OP: ur gonna have to rejailbreak man.. sorry to break it to ya.. but... yeah...
  7. Deadhead

Deadhead New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    hehe, I learned this the hard way.... I hid cydia. then when i had to do a restore, no cydia

Please Register or Log in to view images

I lost lots of stuff, but with a little persistence, it is all back (yay)
  8. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Settings > General > Restrictions > Enable, then disable.

Stop telling him to restore, idiots.
  9. fenderman8000

fenderman8000 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Omfg thank you sooooo much. The enabledisable thing worked!!!!! Do any of you guys know if there might be other things screwed up with my iPod cuause I jbed it?