Ok... which is better.

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by C0DeR_4_liFe, May 10, 2008.

1. C0DeR_4_liFe

C0DeR_4_liFe New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    so i really like the function where you can pre-add apps to ur Custom FW, but i've heard that it takes longer to boot. whats better, adding a bunch of my best apps to one FW real quick (which i prefer) or just manually going into installer (ugh)

im on 1.1.2, would i need to create symlinks for the apps that would normally work on .2 but use var/root/Library ?

Thanx, + rep to first GOOD response.
  2. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

if im not mistaken u can only create custome firmwares of 1.1.4 and 2.0 right now... so no 1.1.2 supported.... u would have to upgrade in order to custome firmwares to work for u ... and besides u need to ipsw with the pwnage tool your ipod so it can actually read them
  3. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i dont know if you can build custom 1.1.2 firmware...
    anyway in general it is less effort to pre-add apps, but it is not as reliable as manually installing them form installer, because a lot of pre-add apps don't work...

personally i would not pre-add, but use installer... buts thats just me

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hope this helps
  4. C0DeR_4_liFe

C0DeR_4_liFe New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yah i know all of this but im saying, games that use ~/media would work/no? does iPhysics work for you?