Ok, this is really annoying. Need someone#s help.

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by dodgy, Aug 30, 2008.

1. dodgy

dodgy Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Ok, well I just got a new computer. Not amazing, but should be able to handle most stuff (especially internet). What i don't understand is I have had this computer for about 2 weeks and the problem only started yesterday morning. Haven't installed anything new either. (Maybe Windows update?)

Specs:

Please Register or Log in to view images

I use firefox (but the problem happens with IE as well). When ever I go to a website sometimes it loads up but sometimes it comes up with this error:

If i press try again once or twice then the page loads up, but even then it loads up reaaaly slowly.

Now i called up my ISP and they said everything was fine with my connection and the problem was with my PC. Now how could that be if I've JUST bought a new PC.
    Also, i tested my internet speed on speedtest.net and i got a download speed of 7047kb/s and upload speed of 381kb/s. Now that isn't amazingly fast but I never used to have a problem with my internet.

Also, I think it is affecting the wi-fi connection to my iPhone. Whenever Cydia refreshes sources it comes up with errors at the top. But sometimes it comes up with new package (don't even know what happens lol) and with installer it just comes up with 'Can't find host' 12 times (i have 12 sources). Also, AppStore just can't connect at all, and Safari can't connect to most sites.

You could see how one can get annoyed. lol. Please can someone help. I'm more than happy to provide any more information to help even more. thanks soooo much to whoever solves this problem.
  2. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    your second images doesnt show and you dont need the img code on either side of your first image
  3. dodgy

dodgy Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    thanks, edited

PLEASE HELP!
  4. cainy

cainy New Member

could be you have some sort of virus, or have installed some kind of program vista doesnt like, boot into safe mode using the f8 key b4 the vista boot screen & scan for viruses, you might also want to run a system restore, should fix everything if the issue is with the pc
  5. dodgy

dodgy Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    did a system restore before, didn't do anything. ran a scan, nothing.

I plugged in my other PC and same issue.

I can only assume that it's the ISP's problem, right?
  6. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    its your internet connection, youre connected to wifi right? or a ethernet cable?
  7. dodgy

dodgy Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I have Netgear wireless router and my PC is connected via ethernet cable.
  8. cripesonfriday

cripesonfriday New Member

is it Vista, and you have never used Vista before, because that was what happened to me when I got my new PC?
  9. SkaterGOD/DOOD23

SkaterGOD/DOOD23 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Your connection fails, no matter what your ISP says.

It's either:

1.) Modem problems
    2.) Router problems
    3.) Cable problems

That's all that can cause slow internet, not an Operating System, because you clearly stated your iPod was slow too.

10. dodgy

dodgy Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    thanks, but what can i do about it?
    I can tell you what my setup is if it helps:

I have a internet cable going into a filter, also my phone line into the filter. The other end of the internet line is connected to the Netgear router. The router is connected to the PC via an Ethernet cable.

Please help, it's really annoying. I'm gonna end up having to call up a technician and they're ****s and charge too much lol.

Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT:

My ISP must have fixed the problem which they lied about in the first place. All is fine, thanks for anyone who tried to help. Appreciate it.

Mods, close if you want.