OK, thinking of selling my iPoT for an iPhone..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by madmallard, Oct 23, 2007.

1. madmallard

madmallard New Member

only problem is, i have Verizon.. so obviously there are all these programs that can unlock it to other carriers.. what i wanna know, is how legit are the sim unlockers, how difficult it would be to change it to verizon, and how exactly verizon would deal with it. i dont quite understand how it will come up as part of my plan.. any successful verizon iPhone owners on here give your opinion?
  2. Rallos

Rallos New Member

The iPhone will not work on Verizon at all. Verizon doesn't use simcards. They are on a CDMA network like sprint so there is no way that an edge phone like the iPhone would work on Verizon without some SERIOUS hardware modifications (you'd pretty much need to rebuild the phone from the ground up, and if you could do that you might as well work for a phone company and get paid big $ to do that). The only US carriers that the iPhone works on even when unlocked is AT&T and T-Mobile. It also works on most international wireless networks that support EDGE technology.
  3. madmallard

madmallard New Member

damn that sucks, cause the verizon "iphone killer" is looking like ass right now.. =[