Ok. So redsn0w...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by SuzukiGS750EZ, Jan 14, 2009.

1. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Stay away from yellow snow! Haha. Anyways, i've read a little bit about jailbreaking. This is my first iPod i've ever had and i don't want anything bad to happen to it. Do you think this jailbreak will be like the 1g? Can you explain to me, what is different about the jailbroken version opposed to the Apple version? I don't get cydia and all that stuff. How much more useable is a jailbroken version and is it as stable as official firmware? Does it crash often? Is there a possibility it could mess up my touch for good cuzzzzz i cant afford another!
  2. iamkewl

iamkewl Banned

No one knows

End of story.
  3. mcyo

mcyo New Member

Do you think this jailbreak will be like the 1g? Probably
    Can you explain to me, what is different about the jailbroken version opposed to the Apple version? You can run apps that are not signed by apple on a jailbroken ipod.
    Is it as stable as official firmware? Should be
    Does it crash often? No, it won't
    Is there a possibility it could mess up my touch for good cuzzzzz i cant afford another! No, you can always restore your ipod with iTunes
  4. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So, with a jailbroken touch, you don't use iTunes?
  5. iamkewl

iamkewl Banned

Who said that?
  6. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No need to get smart with me, i'm apparently not as wise as you. I read above that you can restore with itunes. With a JB touch, won't it sync all the crap onto it that was jailbroken? Would iTunes allow it. Would iTunes tell you it's not the right FW? Like i posted above, if you read, i know nothing about JB and this IS my FIRST ipod.
  7. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    What else would you use.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

When you jailbreak it doesn't change the firmware it doesn't do anything to the firmware(unless you use pwnage tool to create custom firmware) all it does is allow root access and allow the ipod to run unsigned(not from apple) code.
  8. MarishaMaromi

MarishaMaromi New Member

Yes. You use itunes with a JB touch. I don't really get the whole thing yet but look around here, it helps.
  9. Jordih

Jordih New Member

Just use it like you normally would and if you have problems just restore it.
  10. dabomb1022

dabomb1022 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    For a beginner all you pretty much notice is cydia/ installer so you get cool stuff apple wont allow but later you will find out way more cool stuff you can do