Ok Smarties.. Help with This one...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by sangesf, Dec 5, 2007.

1. sangesf

sangesf New Member

Ok, So when I "click" on Music to start up my Ipod/Music app, I get the usual screen of getting to choose my Playlists or Artists or Songs or Albums... I also have the choice of "more" so I can also choose, Audiobooks, Complilations, etc, etc...

I installed the Mobile Finder app and it works just fine...

Here's the thing,

When I choose that same "MUSIC" app through the Finder, and it loads...

I get the same screen EXCEPT, where the Albums section was, it now has a "Videos" button I can push to get to my Videos/Movies. I like this WAY much more...

How do I change the "link" on my springboard to open up THAT app?

And since I'm asking questions, WHY/HOW is there two different apps and what's the difference? (Obviously besides the "video" addition.)
  2. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    It thinks the touch is an iPhone and is taking you to iPod.app (iPhone) . There is a way to get iPod.app on the springboard search for it in the ultimate guide.
  3. sangesf

sangesf New Member

Welp, I followed that "ultimate guide" and NOW, I have NO ICON WHATSOEVER!!!!
    I have EVERY other icon EXCEPT for EITHER Video OR Music

Please Register or Log in to view images

What now?

EDIT: I reverted back to my original files... Can someone just tell me what to edit in my current info.plist (in /Applications/MobileMusicPlayer) and current N45AP.plist (in /Systems/Libary/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app) to make this work?

FINAL EDIT!!! I finally got it to work... APPARENTLY... on the iPoT, if you have a file called info.plist and a file called Info.plist (one with the letter ' i ' in caps and the other in lower case) they are different files. I just renamed info.plist to Info.plist and it started working. LOL
  4. NormNConquest

NormNConquest New Member

In the UNIX world, we call that a Capital Offense, 'cause it kills you when you realize what you did.