Ok seriously, what the heck is up with genius!?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by farahm2, Mar 22, 2009.

1. farahm2

farahm2 New Member

Man this is annoying. When i first got my iphone, i thought "hmm, genius playlist creator sounds like a nifty little tool, lets try it out" so i clicked it, and it said that it could not find enough songs to create a genius play list. No problem. i barely had any songs on it anyway.

So then a few weeks later, im up to around 500 songs on my iphone, and then i think, "hey that nifty little tool i wanted to try out a few weeks earlier should work now!" so i click it and still nothing. Okay, so it didnt matter too much. I just forgot about it.

Now, i have like 700 songs on my iphone. Of all the features on this amazing little device, Genius Playlist is probably the only feature that i have not had the pleasure of trying out. Maybe because it never freakin works! I have over 700 songs on my iphone and it still doesn't work!!

I have updated Genius on itunes and then synced the iphone and that didnt work. I read somewhere that im supposed to have all the songs on my iphone in my iTunes library, so i copied ALL of my songs on the iphone and put them into the iTunes Library AHD THEN updated Genius and STILL NOTHING. WHAT THE HECK!? Why doesn't it work?

Please tell me what im doing wrong!
  2. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    the songs need to have enough info for itunes to match them with other songs, it works really well when u get the music from itunes.
  3. farahm2

farahm2 New Member

I have the artist, genre, album, what year its from, its track number from the cd, and who it features! What else does it need?

Is there some way that i can get itunes to tag my songs with all the missing information? Is there some sort of program that will do that?
  4. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    if all the info is there then i dont know whats wrong.
  5. farahm2

farahm2 New Member

im really starting to dislike iTunes because of all these little problems that i encounter
  6. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sounds weird. I have 2000 songs and I get playlists on almost every song, albeit they're the same sometimes.
  7. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

if you purchase your music from itunes, it actually takes less time to create a Genius playlist. it takes longer if you use *******ed songs.
  8. xxhorseriderxxx

xxhorseriderxxx Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm on XP SP3 and when I turn Genius on in my iTunes it crashes my computer, no clue why. (my computer is 3.01 dual, so it's not slow) The stupid thing though is that Genius will refuse to work if it's not enabled on the computer the iPod(Phone) is synced with. Maybee that's why it won't work on the iPod?
  9. Duykur

Duykur Banned

ya, genius doesn't play well with songs not downloaded from itunes
  10. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    TuneUp Companion does it.