ok....problema

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by onyieff, Nov 15, 2009.

1. onyieff

onyieff New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Alright, so my bro has the 3g 8gig kay? and i've tried to jailbreak it and apparantly blackra1n is the only jailbreak option for this type of ipod?...i guess... so i "Make it rain" blah blah blah everything seems like its going well. until, my brother decided to reboot his ipod by pressing the power button and the home button, all of a sudden the ipod shows "connect to itunes". wtf is that? so my brother cant even reboot, respring, turn off his ipod with blackra1n?? we tried something else: even though it said "connect to itunes" i decided to "make it rain" again. result: "connect to itunes" goes away, and there seems to be nothing wrong with the ipod BUT itunes no longer recognizes my bros ipod! GREAT. so wut do i do? or better yet, what did i do wrong? btw, our itunes is 9.0.2.25. kthx!

edit:btw i apologize if this problem has already been presented. i only need one person to notify me of this, not a parade of ppl. ty again....
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The iPod has a tethered jailbreak, to turn it on again after rebooting you must 'make it ra1n' by using blackra1n again.
  3. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    If that doesn't work, then your brother held those buttons to long and made it stuck in restore mode, requiring you to restore (As far as I know).
  4. onyieff

onyieff New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    omg.... the problem isnt to TURN IT ON AGAIN. plz read. The problem is that after everything seems fine (everything is jailbroken) my brother may turn off his ipod (by holding the power button and home button for whatever reason) and the ipod will not go back to how it was originally, it will show the "connect to itunes" screen as if it was a brand new ipod all over again. get it now? plz let me know if i have to make anything else clearer. -_-
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok dont think so because this is the 3rd time it happened. it didnt freeze or get stuck or whateber in restore mode THREE times....
  5. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So your problem is that it goes into the 'Connect to iTunes' screen when he tries to boot it up?
  6. onyieff

onyieff New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ^thank you for understanding and the better word will be "reboot"
  7. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well that's a tethered jailbreak, like I said before. You need to run blackra1n every time you want to reboot the iPod. There isn't an untethered jailbreak out yet for that model, so he will have to run blackra1n every time he wants to boot up. At least until an untethered jailbreak is released.

Next time don't get angry at someone for trying to explain something to you. I did read it and I understood the first time.
  8. onyieff

onyieff New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    or maybe you should fix your wording next time
    by saying:
    i wasnt trying to TURN IT ON AGAIN AFTER REBOOTING. i was only wondering if i would be able to TURN MY IPOD ON AND OFF without having to reboot the whole ipod with itunes. but thx for the assistance anyways, bye.
  9. Supertouch

Supertouch Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You will need to do it this way for awhile. Here's hopin' for an unthethered.
  10. onyieff

onyieff New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    k ty very much