Ok just got my new ipod touch........(questions jailbreak related)

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by fullofquestions, Dec 10, 2007.

1. fullofquestions

fullofquestions New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Ok, i just got my brand new ipod touch and i want to jailbreak it. I saw the vid of how you can do it right from the ipod, is that the best way to do it right now? Or is it better to do it on the pc? Also I was told on a dif forum that since I just got it my ipod it should have 1.1.2 installed in it already(not sure if this is true), but if it is he told me I need to un-install it to 1.1.1 jailbreak it and then get 1.1.2, is this true? Also can u get the iphone apps to the ipod from your ipod or do u need a pc for that(which way is better)? And my last two question are do this changes affect your itunes in any way , and how can u download like aim and games on to it? Ty for any help I get.
  2. fullofquestions

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
  3. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

Ok, calm down, If you have 1.1.2 (Newest Firmware) then yes, you'll have to downgrade, no big deal, I could go on explaining every single step, but this, my friend, has already been answered, avoque to the stickies on this section, you'll find everything there...

And no, Jailbreaking doesn't affect your iTunes syncing process at all... The games and iPhones apps are available to download via installer (If you don't know what this is, youll find out when jailbreaking) Take care and Good luck jailbreaking, one last thing WELCOME! =)
  4. fullofquestions

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    hey ty for the answer...one quick question then how do i know if im in 1.1.2 or 1.1.1?
  5. Darrell

Darrell New Member

Go to Settings>General>About and look for Version
  6. Lloyd

Lloyd New Member

or just open itunes, click on your ipod and it tells you lol