ok, i'm stuck ...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by scraggly, Feb 2, 2009.

1. scraggly

scraggly New Member

followed the windows tutorial to the letter , and I successfully applied the JB , saw the default icons , which included Cydia. When I reconnected to itunes , it advised me that I could restore from backup , which I duely did (hoping to get all my apps/pics/tunes back). Now my ipod appears to be bricked , I cannot for the life of me get into DFU mode , itunes was recognising the ipod (informing me to restore) but I can't get into DFU mode to rerun the irecovery comands...any help suggestions welcome !
  2. katking123

katking123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yea ur not supposed to restore back up =P
  3. scraggly

scraggly New Member

so I need to put everything back on using sync ...bummer.

Managed to get it sorted , DFU timings all c*cked up

Quick question , how do I remove redsn0w , just incase want to go back to normal
  4. katking123

katking123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    u just have to restore through itunes to get back to normal just like any other jailbreak =D
  5. scraggly

scraggly New Member

ok got redsn0w working , decided to just go back to non-redsn0w version , restored via itunes , now ipod appears to be bricked again ......sigh....now re-applying the custom firware
  6. superrob

superrob Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Do the steps that you do in order to apply the hacked firmware and then just restore to the normal firmware instead.
  7. katking123

katking123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well theres diff guides on here on how to "unbrick" ur ipod but if u do get its back to the way it was just wait until a GUI comes out even tho there already is one out =D but not for mac yet =(
  8. scraggly

scraggly New Member

I assume once I have restored the 'normal' firmware I can then restore from the backup I took prior to carrying out any work

*update* all back to orignal fw with all settings etc restored. Have to have tried it , now waiting on untethered