Ok I'm in WAY over my head...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Xeropace, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Xeropace

Xeropace New Member

Now before you guys get annoyed thinking I am just asking how to Jailbreak, when there are clear stickies; that isn't what I'm after.

I'm getting an iPod Touch (8GB Sadly. will that hinder me in anyway?) and all this stuff looks very interesting. But I have NO clue how to go about any of it, or where to start...?

I know I need to save an image of my original iPod incase I break it right? How do I do that, and where do I go from there? (I've never used iTunes either, first ipod).

So sorry if I sound just a bit noobie

Please Register or Log in to view images

But I could really use your help as I have no clue what's going on.
  2. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Hey man. Welcome to the forum. My advice to you is to spend an hour reading the forum. Do a search at the top for Jailbreak, and read through those threads. There is alot to learn here. Have fun.
  3. thetetrisaddict

thetetrisaddict New Member

you just need to restore your iPod in itunes if you break it
  4. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

if anything is wrong,just restore it to 1.1.1 and try again
  5. Xeropace

Xeropace New Member

See, you guys have said 1.1.1 and just restoring it in iTunes... I really have no idea what that means.
  6. Paintball

Paintball New Member

Well, in itunes, there is a button that says "restore". All you do to restore and fix your ipod is click that.

But you will need to downgrade. Which means you have the newest firmware or operating system on your ipod, but its too new, so you will need to replace it with the older one. There are a few topics on this. All you need to do is download a file and hold shift + click "restore".

Once you get yur ipod, this will start to make more sense to you.
  7. Xeropace

Xeropace New Member

Ok I'll look in to more when I get my iPod.

I'm going to want to downgrade to 1.1.1 and jailbreak that right? Also what sort of applications have been made? Is there one for MSN and things like that? Also I heard the safari broweser doesn't have flash and what not... Is that true? Or is there a way to watch animations/youtube?
  8. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

its all in the forums if you search...but since most people hate searching

youll have to downgrade to 1.1.1 first and jailbreak, there are a lot of applications,for MSNM i think you can just use appolo...and you can watch youtube,but no i think itouch doesnt have flash support
  9. skyline_-

skyline_- New Member

Hey, the process takes less than 5 mins.. Download the 1.1.1 firmware, shift click upgrade, choose the firmware you downloaded.

Once you have 1.1.1 go to www.jailbreakme.com on your touch, and install APPSNAP.

You will then have installer.

With installer you can download google maps, mail, weather, and many games. I suggest iPhysics.
  10. Assassin Sheepdog

Assassin Sheepdog New Member