ok. i have a big problem with my touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lifeisapickle, Dec 1, 2007.

1. lifeisapickle

lifeisapickle New Member

my ipod touch is frozen or broken or something. and this is awful

it won't restore or anything. when i turn it on, it shows the itunes w/ the cable. but when i try to restore it in itunes, theres an error. its like 3 weeks old and i love it. it was jailbroken

please help me!
  2. Rawd

Rawd New Member

You sound worried. It's okay, it will take time, but can be restored. Do a forum search for "Restore" and you will find tons of posts like yours with happy endings

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. lifeisapickle

lifeisapickle New Member

mr rawd. i'm prety sure this is pretty bad. can you show me a post that deals with this?

in itunes after atttempting to restore, i get error '1604' i hope this isn't bad
  4. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Do a search for '1604'. I just did, read on....

try this one: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5104&highlight=1604
  5. blackjak231

blackjak231 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    This looks like a pretty good way to me! If my ipod was having that problem, i would probably follow the steps, but its gonna take at least two days of waiting!

Good luck!
  6. lifeisapickle

lifeisapickle New Member

ok this looks decent but...

before i tried doing that recovery mode, when i turned on my ipod, all it had was the apple logo and that little 'loading' icon. and it wouldn't stop. i had it on for like 25minutes and it was just doing the loading deal. pretty awful. please help. is there a way to use SSH and get into my ipod and delete all the apps or something?
  7. blackjak231

blackjak231 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I think that if it doesn't stop loading, you will not be able to access your ipod with SSH!

Something like what is happening to you right now happenned to me for the jailbreak of 1.1.2, and it did not stop loading, but on the unlock screen, unabeling me to go on the springboard, and i had no choice but to restore it!
  8. lifeisapickle

lifeisapickle New Member

yes that all sounds well and good, but as i said before, my itunes didn't let me restore, due to 'error 1604'