ok i am confused and lost (iptg2 question)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by immortalkz, Jun 20, 2009.

1. immortalkz

immortalkz New Member

i just bought an ipod touch yesterday because i am going to europe for a family wedding. before i made my purchase i wanted to make sure that you could hack, or as i know know, jailbreak into the touch. i realize this is my first post on here but i did my fair share of researching on this site and google and was sold on the fact that you could get 3rd party software.

so i got it home and was very eager so i downloaded quickpwn version 2.5 i believe and i got the proper firmware yet it would always say that my firmware wasnt supported (or perhaps corrupted) so i found a new source and tried again with the same results...i tried another way, Quickfreedom. after going through all the steps and putting it into DFU mode i got to the point where all i had to do was restore my ipod using the hacked firmware i created in the earlier steps. it took about 5 minutes and finally it said, this ipod could not be restored. i clicked more info because i was pretty pissed and it told me that there are numerous errors for any number of reasons (which didnt actually tell me anything)

i started thinking that perhaps the 2nd gen of ipod touch couldnt get broke yet, and i see a bunch of people asking and telling that they wish they would release it now...but yet some people already have it on there 2nd gen????????????

either im retarded, simply just not understanding something, or my ipod is (as of right now) not jailbreak-able.

if someone has anything useful for me to try, perhaps upgrades my ipod software to 3.0? i dunno

currently im running ipod touch 2gen software version 2.2.1 (5H11A) if that helps any. thanks again
  2. myadb7

myadb7 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    id just restore, then use a program called redsn0w. all you need to do is put your ipod in dfu mode and it will do the rest. Currently a 3.0 jailbreak isnt out to the public, so just do what i said earlier and u should be fine
  3. immortalkz

immortalkz New Member

is that redsn0w going to completly jailbreak or is it only tethered?

thanks for the info though! i will refrain from updating my touch
  4. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Redsn0w will do a regular jailbreak.