Oi people!

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by RubyJewelStone, May 20, 2008.

1. RubyJewelStone

RubyJewelStone New Member

Hello everyone. I'm the new brat in town. I'm 17, and just got the 32GB iPod Touch as my graduation present--which is, in fact, my first iPod ever.

Well, I'm certainly not a technical person, and I don't really know what the hell I'm doing, but I never am quite satisfied with having things the way they are, so I think I just might jailbreak.

iLiberty is foolproof, right? And would it glitch up if I left it in the Portuguese language setting when I finally do it?
  2. dabomb1022

dabomb1022 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    use ziphone from ziphone.org and just make sure ur on firmware 1.1.4 and downlad ziphone from ziphone.org and open it and click jailbreak or go winpwn.com if you have windows its cool
  3. dabomb1022

dabomb1022 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    and pm me if you have questions I'll answer later I'm on my iPod
  4. SkySurfer24

SkySurfer24 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    use ziphone, it's the easiest. if you need any help pm me, or post here so me and dabomb1022 can help you.
  5. RubyJewelStone

Oh, ziphone? I was going to try iLiberty because I saw a few people here and there say that ziphone was a bit glitchy.

Plus, I'm not scared to do something a tiny bit more difficult if it means I don't have to restore repeatedly in the long run. After all, I've fought with php installations without knowing anything about it, and it worked out fine.

Overall, I just want to make sure I get something that works for good, since I won't bring my computer with me in August when I go to Brazil, and I don't want to hog the computer of my host family too much while trying to restore and resync and stuff.
    1 person likes this.
  6. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Go with iLiberty for sure... ZiPhone is the one with a TON of problems that can screw up your iPod permanently...

I've used iLiberty like 3 or 4 times now with no problems AT ALL and my ipod is really stable...

so iLiberty definitely
  7. RubyJewelStone

When I restore, does it matter if I just use the restore button on iTunes or should I use the 2 physical buttons simultaneously method?

Also, I would only need to do the BSD Subsystem step on the big Jailbreak sticky once, right?

I ask because on it it says,
    then it goes on to the note about the auto lock and then goes on to say "Follow These Steps In Order:" so does that mean that I do the BSD Subsystem step over again for the sake of continuity?

Sorry for the stupid questions.
  8. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Welcome to the iPTF forums!

They aren't stupid questions, they are common though. This is all you will have to do.

-- Make sure your iPod touch is plugged into your computer via USB before following steps --

1) Install iLiberty+

2) Setup the program, and once it is running, head to the 'Other Tools' tab.

3) Select the 'Enter DFU Mode' button. Your iPod touch will now be in Restore/DFU mode. Don't worry, DFU is just Device Firmware Upgrade mode.

4) In iTunes, with your iPod touch plugged in of course via USB, iTunes will then recognize it is in Restore mode and prompt you to restore. Holding down SHIFT, select the 'Restore' button and choose the Firmware 1.1.4 file, you can download it HERE.

5) The iPod touch will now do a fresh restore to Firmware 1.1.4, the newest firmware (Aside from 2.0 but that's different) and it will be completely normal - Firmware 1.1.4 as out of box.

6) Now, head back to iLiberty+, under the 'Standard' tab, check off 'Jailbreak' in the checklist, and check off any other settings you would like such as Cydia (Similar to Installer application - lets you install applications on your iPod touch without a computer, just Wi-Fi). If you select off Cydia, BSD Subsystem will come, if not, install it manually through Cydia/Installer.

7) Select the 'Go for it!' button and it will now follow through with jailbreaking. Leave your iPod touch alone during this process, it won't take long. Possibly 5 minutes at the most.

8) Your iPod touch will now be fully jailbroken on Firmware 1.1.4!
  9. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No... you only have to do the BSD Subsystem step once...

in fact there is no way you can do it twice (it wouldn't work because they wouldn't be found in installer anymore after you installed them the first time)
  10. ELLDAWG

ELLDAWG Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)