): OH NO!!! Chicken Noodle Soup got iPod wet :(

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tqbaskets, Nov 1, 2008.

1. tqbaskets

tqbaskets New Member

I was sitting down to eat some soup yesterday and had set my iPod Touch in a chair and then sister bumped soup and it spilled on my iPod. I panicked and tried to turn it on and the backlight did not work and the screen was unresponsive. Then in my panic I though that maybe I would charge it up for the night which was bad I am now finding out. I don't know what to do and finally found this website. I have gotten that I should put the iPod in rice but will that still help. and I don't understand how to handle the litmus paper in the headphone jack. Also what is the part about the green on the usb plug in. WHAT SHOULD I DO? HELP PLEASE

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. zephyrnok

zephyrnok Member

Wow, you made a lot of bad moves. Just wait, and see if it will dry out, and start in time.
  3. specialsyco

specialsyco New Member

you supposed to put alcohol on a qtip and out it in the headphone and it sucks up the water or sumthin :/
  4. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    WOW... i though chicken soup was suppose to help people not destroy them...
    and this is a lot of people dropping it in liquid now a days.. hope i am not next of this water curse...
    umm leave it in rice for a few days.. not hours. rice will suck the living water (soup) out of the ipod.
  5. sotaku22

sotaku22 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Like said before. Cover that thing in rice. Also, make sure you get all the water signs out cuz apple can sometimes tell if you are trying to cover up water damage.
  6. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    Take a Q-Tip. Put a paper towel over it and dip it partially in rubbing alcohol. Then carefully insert it in to the headphone jack for about 5 seconds. Once done take it out and peek in to make sure no light is red. If no take it to Apple and make a good excuse. If yes keep trying.