iPhone 4 Oh my God :( Iphone 4 cracked screen help?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tim_1992, Oct 19, 2010.

1. tim_1992

tim_1992 New Member

This time last week I got my iphone 4.

And today as I was getting out of the car, i accidentally dropped it and the glass screen got loads of cracks all over it...

I'm absolutely gutted

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm in the UK and with 02. I rang up customer service asap and the woman told me my best option was to take it in to an 02 store so they could look at the damage themselves and tell me what to do from there. I didn't take out insurance on it because of the high costs for it...then a week later this happens.

So really I'm just asking for some help...

Has anyone had experience of this or know anything about it? Do you think it's going to be easy to repair / cheap?
    My iphone isn't actually broken it seems - everything works totally fine, the screen just has cracks all over the top-left - you know, the glass bit?

Basically i just want to make sure it is save-able and if so how much do you think it's going to cost me / how long could it take etc ... ?

Totally feeling so down right now

2. beeshabo

beeshabo Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Wow that sucks!!

Well, to be honest, your best bet would be to do some searching online to see about repairing/replacing the glass itself, it won't be crazy expensive, but it won't be cheap either...and unless you have a shop nearby, you might have to send it to get fixed, which could take some time (a week or two). But first, maybe you want to take the advice of going into a store to see what they tell you....then go from there.
  3. tim_1992

tim_1992 New Member

Yeah, I don't really know if 02 are going to be repairing the glass or if they're just going to direct me to an Apple store or something?

Are we talking like over £100 just to replace the glass?

I don't know, I just want to find out as much as I can as soon as possible, can't believe i've barely even had it one week.
  4. beeshabo

beeshabo Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
  5. EviLCorsaiR

EviLCorsaiR New Member

Device:
    iPad
    EDIT: Bad information on my part. Like the others have said, go to the O2 store and see what they say.
  6. P O W E R

P O W E R Member

Device:
    iPad
    Well dude, I have yo say that this is truly awful...but there is a very inexpensive solution to this if you don't want to spend alot of money. You can get a heavy-duty sticky screen protector and put it on the screen so no glass falls out and you won't catch your finger on the cracks. But if you really want to get rid of it you could always sell it to me

7. tech3475

tech3475 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Another option is to take out the insurance and a few days from now report the incident.

Although the fact that you talked to them may make this option impossible now so it would be a risk.
  8. RoosterPandemic

RoosterPandemic Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
  9. tim_1992

tim_1992 New Member

Yeah I was talking to my brother earlier and he said that was an option but like you've said, it's risky, and maybe my best bet is just being honest and trying to sort this out.

I really hope it's not going to cost a ton; if what i'm thinking is right it's only replacing the glass cover...

@ rooster pandemic: that's an american company, and i'm not sure whether i'd be interested in going third party... i'd be too worried about it going wrong and costing me even MORE money in the long run
    i'm in the UK.
  10. tim_1992

tim_1992 New Member

Sounds like sending it in to Apple is going to cost me £139 to have it fixed from what i've read on the net... it's just a case of seeing whether O2 can do me a better deal I guess...

Gosh, i literally just can not believe it. 7 days of owning an iphone and this happens.