Oh god...Please help. (scratch)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rcfreak339, Dec 23, 2009.

1. rcfreak339

rcfreak339 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Ok well I have feared this day and here it is. I had my iPod with me today at my grandmas house. I let my mom play her favorite word game on my touch, while she was doing that I stepped into the other room. A few minutes later I walked back out and she gave it to me. I wiped off the screen and everything looked fine until I looked a bit harder. There it was a nice little tiny scratch, I guess from her fingernails. Honestly though I don't know if it's a scratch or not but I would assume it is, it has a bad rainbow reflection to it. Iv'e been using these glass wipes now for about 10min....Is this a scratch. if so what can I do? My warranty expires on the 26th. The scratch is so, so tiny. You wouldn't notice it really, hell it's probley been there for months but I just haven't noticed until now,but since I know it's there now it will always catch my attention. I hate scratches...ugh. Any help?
  2. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  3. rcfreak339

rcfreak339 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    ^Yes...I know it's sounds stupid, But since I know it's there my eye will catch it every time now.
  4. DeadlyD™

DeadlyD™ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I don't think Apple will give you a new one for a tiny scratch. Shoulda' had a screen protecter.
  5. rcfreak339

rcfreak339 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Talking to Apple is no option...I won't have time due to Christmas on Friday.
  6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Warranties do not cover scratches.. and I doubt her nail scratched it. You can't really do anything.. you can try toothpaste, the crystals in the toothpaste will scratch the screen lightly and can then smooth it out, making your scratch less noticeable. But, yea, you're gonna have to live with it.
  7. DeadlyD™

DeadlyD™ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What are you asking us for then? If you can't take it to Apple then there's nothing you can do really. Well with the warrenty still active that is.
  8. rcfreak339

rcfreak339 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    ^^I think this "scratch" is just a pesky piece of grid or something. The nail is the only thing that could have caused it and since the screen is glass the nail wouldn't have done it.

^I'm just asking if anyone know any products or solutions I can buy/use to fix this.
  9. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Scratches. Are. Inevitable.

Don't try and run away from them. Embrace the flecks and dings as pieces of character and history.
  10. DeadlyD™

DeadlyD™ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ^^^^ OR use a screen protecter.