Oh dear...this is bad..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gojohnnyboi, Dec 7, 2008.

1. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

Well, today I come back from a long-term break from this website, and with less knowledge of the current jailbreak status and what not of the new iPods, and the unlock for the iPhone 3G. What do I see? It seems that our own "beloved development team" for the iPod has basically quit on us for a 2G jailbreak, and there is nothing we can do about it. I think the lack of interest of hacking these things is like a disease spreading throughout this community, and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. Still, all knowledge of the jailbreak and working with the hardware of the iPods and iPhones lies within the couple development teams out there and George Hotz, so basically, if another individual or group were to begin to attempt a jailbreak on the new iPods, they would have very little, or NO knowledge base to begin with; they would have no tricks to programs to start on this. So I am thinking here that we are kind of screwed =[

Stupid Apple and their dumb new iPod stuff =[

-John
  2. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    well maybe apple finally wisened and met the challenge of a non-jailbreakable ipod touch
  3. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Or maybe, we depend too much on iPod hacks from a team called The iPhone dev team
  4. gojohnnyboi

Unfortunately, I don't think that is the case. I think it is the dev team's for not working on it.
  5. andrewpiro

andrewpiro New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    unfortunately.....i feel they have too..that is why i'm happy with my original ipod touch.
  6. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's not like Chronic Dev isn't making any progress, it's just going a lot slower than usual because he's like the only guy working on it in his spare time.
  7. Germany

Germany Banned

I think it will come eventually. They are still working on it and there is no reason to lose hope. Everyone needs to calm down and be more patient about this whole situation. Let the Chronic Dev Team do their work.
  8. gojohnnyboi

This is another thing. I've never even heard of this Chronic Dev. What is it?
  9. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

Please Register or Log in to view images

No offense man, but this is the sad truth. They have priority.
  10. gojohnnyboi

I wasn't referring to your statement, but to the second poster, base-something.