Oh, cool. I can't install stuff.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by 16gbofmagic., Feb 17, 2008.

1. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ever since I have had my iPod (Was a 16gb but is now exchanged for a 32gb) I have had a ton of problems with wifi in my home. It takes numerous tries to install anything and takes ages for pages to load, and sometimes they don't load at all. I recently jailbroke 1.1.2 and installed things at a friends house, only to find I still couldn't install anything at my home, regardless of home many times I try. I cant ssh anything to my ipod because the connection cuts in and out. Yet I have no problems with my home computer, and rarely any problems with laptops. I've narrowed it down to the router I beleive, because we have a super fast connection for everything else.

So, my question, is the router bad? Could it be in a bad place? Could something be interfering with it? I have full bars all the time in my house, and the connection will just cut out, making it impossible to install anything.

Whats up? Anyone have any suggestions?
  2. sparky321

sparky321 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Are you doing anything bandwidth intense on your network? downloading (pefectly legal) *******s, or heavy gaming?

Perhaps try a hard reset of the router, or investigate settings on the ipod itself i suppose. I'm no expert...
  3. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Nope, nothing like that. No gaming for *******s for me.

I havn't actually tried the hard reset, I might try it.
  4. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I just asked my Dad if I could quickly hard reset the router and he said that it wasn't the problem. I was on 1.1.3 for a day before I jailbroke 1.1.1 then 1.1.2 and the internet was perfectly usable. Now that it is jailbroken it can't. He seems to think it is an artifact of the jailbreak, which makes sense except it works everywhere but my house.
  5. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Alright, for an update, it's still not any better. I get certain timeframes where I can install things, but it times out rediculously often. I can't que up more than 5 apps or I can count on the fact that somewhere in there I'm going to lose the connection. This is making SSH impossible, as well as adding sources.

What could be the problem?

EDIT: Awesome. I just hard restored litterally everything next to my computer. Including stuff like the printer, etc etc. Everything. Started everything back up in ~5 minutes and now it seems to work. Refreshed my sources for the first time in two weeks.

Thanks to Sparky for telling me to reset.