Oh Canada! Have you a savings account?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by deleted account, Jul 15, 2008.

1. If you do... Get your own PayPAl account and throw your savings account on there...

In the US you can get a PayPal debit card, I don't know about Canada. Alternatively you can hook up ur PayPal with iTunes, and it will charge your account.

So yeah... Do that.
  2. steeped

steeped New Member

Canadians don't get a card from Paypal. And we also aren't allowed to hook up our Paypal accounts to iTunes because were Canadian.

Americans are racist against their cold brothers.
  3. hockeycraze12000

hockeycraze12000 New Member

We're not allowed to do any of those things because of regulatory laws here in Canada.

So, this thread is FAIL!!!

You should have done your research.
  4. JonSingh12

JonSingh12 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    i just switched my country in the account settings to us and setup my paypal account and walla it worked.
  5. steeped

steeped New Member

It doesn't because your Paypal account would then have to be American and verified.
  6. chinook

chinook New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Could someone please explain to me the whole ting about Canada and the app soter? I really dont understand
  7. So what?

You think he is lieng?
  8. steeped

steeped New Member

Unless he holds dual citizenship then yes, I do think he is lying.

When moving from country to country, you will need to close your existing account and open a new account in the country where you will be residing.
    For example, if you move from the US to Canada, you will need to close your US account and open a Canadian account. If you move from Canada to the US, you will need to close your Canadian account and open a US account. - Source.
  9. Your going to post to yahoo answers?

Are you kidding me?

Why can't you use canadian paypal with us iTunes?
  10. steeped

steeped New Member

I didn't post to Yahoo answers, but I checked there to see what other people said, and it verified my point.

You can't use Canadian Paypal with U.S. Itunes because you can only use U.S. Paypal with U.S. Itunes. Canadian's have a different and a much less strict law of purchasing things online than the U.S. does, so they try and limit us to no Paypal. We don't even have the option in Canada Itunes to use Paypal.