Oficial JB 2.1 maybe today!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by DaN_Himself, Sep 13, 2008.

1. DaN_Himself

DaN_Himself New Member

Guys, just finished reading the last post from the dev team...

They talk about the QuickPwn fake sites and about their frustrations 'bout it..(you know those sites) at the end of the post it says:

"Now of course all that stuff isn’t cool, but be prepared for some stuff from us today that is cool."

That was posted about an hour ago... so, let's wait and see if they release something today.. hope so...
  2. itouchnathan

itouchnathan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Why?
    Lol, we have already jailbroken with Quickpwn.
    Its easy, takes 5 minutes.
    How is this going to be better? xD
  3. spvn

spvn New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well, only thing is, there's no mac support, and you're still taking forever to install apps since you're using the old mobileinstallation file...
  4. mitch88ell

mitch88ell New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The "fake" QuickPwn uses the old MobileInstillation.framework file where the official one will use the new.

Please Register or Log in to view images

This means faster syncing.
  5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    or it could be the the iTunes Patch

6. DaN_Himself

DaN_Himself New Member

I know, but if they come up with a better 2.1 mobileinstallation patched file could be better..
    Let's say they maybe figured it out how to fix those apps said before in other posts that weren't working very nice...

I mean, yeah, we can JB... But I'd feel better using the dev-team OFICIAL release...

If we DIDN'T have that option, yes, the method to JB so far is good enough, but it can be improved, and those applemaniacs will finaly stop with the "where's the mac version?"...

And BTW, who coded QuickPwn first? Dev Team? Hmmmm...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Yeah, I guess that's also true.. but I didn't get that thing.. I was running a JB 2.02 with iTunes 8 fine...
    Everybody that "proprely" jailbroke their 2.1 FW didn't have any issues with iTunes 8... (with the right mobileinstallation patched file)

So, I don't think it's ONLY the iTunes Patch... Oh, and I LOVED the quote from your sig...
  7. spvn

spvn New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah devteam coded quickpwn... and there's no "first" about it, they're the only ones that coded it.
  8. DaN_Himself

DaN_Himself New Member

Yes sir! You're more than right on that one!

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I highly doubt the dev team support cracking apps so the Mobileinstallation file will not be included. Anyway, a cracked 2.1 Mobileinstallation file has already been released.
  10. zerolight

zerolight New Member

I'd be happier with a patched MobileInstallation (if they have to) that allows Cydia installs but not cracked apps. I feel all dirty even considering installing a cracked MobileInstallation.