Offline Weather App

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by sabotage, Dec 9, 2007.

1. sabotage

sabotage New Member

I was dissapointed to find out that the official Weather.app doesn't remember the last weather that was loaded. I use my touch like a portable mac, and wipped it out today when someone asked about the weather. Unfortuanitly I was no where near wifi access, and the weather app said it couldn't connected.

When I open Stocks, or Maps, those come up with the last data, but weather doesn't. Is there another weather app out there with offline mode? This is very much needed.
  2. TheRapture

TheRapture New Member

How the hell do you get live updates without wifi??

This is so not possible and clearly commen sense
  3. blajeans

blajeans New Member

he was just asking about a weather app that caches the last loaded weather.... why are you giving him an attitude like that?? he wasn't asking for anything impossible...
  4. robertsammons

robertsammons New Member

Weather sometimes stays with the last data and at the bottom says Update failed although it seems picky :/

Suppose its used to being connected all the time
  5. TheRapture

TheRapture New Member

I get the latest update

Hes asking if theres an offline wheather updater which wont be possible to access live data without wifi
  6. blajeans

blajeans New Member

as i understand it he is not asking to get live data while being offline... he just wants the old data to be remembered when he is not online anymore...
  7. TheRapture

TheRapture New Member

Well to me he asked for a wheather app with offline mode and that seems dumb to me, but try reinstalling the app if you dont get the latest update
  8. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    he wants it to come up the same as he used it last time like maps stays in the same place so you can still view the map without wifi acess but you cant refresh

he wants to see the weather forecast when he doesnt have his wifi acess
  9. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Maybe try reading before posting.
  10. ywc19

ywc19 New Member

workaround, not optimal

Yeah, it's too bad it doesn't store the last forecast, but here's a workaround, though obviously it's not optimal.

Take a screenshot (an installer app) of the weather forecast, then view it and mail it to yourself (when you have wifi). I use gmail. Make sure your mail setting is set to save the emails that you send. You can view your gmail offline (w/o wifi). Offline, the "Inbox" email doesn't show the forecast, but the "Sent" email does show it.