Offline maps

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by deepan_ignaatious, Apr 5, 2009.

1. deepan_ignaatious

deepan_ignaatious New Member

Hi friends i have seen many ideas of creating offline maps for browsing maps offline in ipod touch 2g..but all was confusing

so please suggest me a good and easy method to create an offline maps for ipod touch 2g without wifi

i need an offline map for (chennai,tamilnadu,india)

please help me

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Ralzaider

Ralzaider New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Open the default maps app while connected to a wifi network and browse the area you want a map of. The app will cache the images so you can see them anywhere, without wifi. Remember, it'll only cache the exact images of maps you've looked at, so zoom in and out a bit beforehand, incase you need to zoom in on a certain place while on the go

Edit: Ah, just read without wifi. This may sound tedious but it's the only other method I know of that could work. Go to http://maps.google.com/ on your computer, find the exact images you need, and press the "Print Screen" (Prt Scr) key on your keyboard for each image. Paste each image into Paint and crop it to your liking. (NOTE: you have to do this one at a time). Then upload it onto your iPod's photo library. This will take ages though, hehe

Your best bet is to probably just find an open public wifi network and browse the maps app, much faster.
  3. EddyVercetti

EddyVercetti New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    someone should make an app for this