Offline Instant Messaging

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nsalazar, Oct 8, 2007.

1. nsalazar

nsalazar New Member

I have been working this all day and I can't figure out a solution. Ok, I'm trying to IM from one iPot to another iPot, but as you all know they iPot isn't always connected to the internet. Can anybody think of a way to use some online program to IM to another iPot so that when you log in you recieve all of the messages sent to you while you were away. Only solution I can think of is to use like Facebook or some social networking site where the messages are stored on their servers (I'm assuming), but I would like the capabilities to do this with an AIM or Gtalk or something. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks!!
  2. badapple18

badapple18 New Member

bonjour

do you mean something like bonjour where you can see who is in your area with a touch? or ike in the nintendo ds you can chat there on a local network?
  3. nsalazar

nsalazar New Member

That would be cool, but I was more thinking like have your own screen name be able to get messages sent to it, then when you log on to that screen name with some application on the touch be able to get those messages. I know you can do it with AIM 6.5, but that won't run on an iPoT independently (obviously) so I was just looking for any other suggestions.