Offline Browsing

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Juice, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Juice

Juice New Member

Hi people, great site & glad to be a new member.

Ive had my iTouch for 2weeks now & think its an amazing pod, its a bit buggy but hopefully that will be sorted when the next update is available, anyway i dont have internet access at home and my new Touch is great for browsing sites & gathering information whilst on the go or at work, when i use Safari on my Touch i open a few pages so i can just switch different pages when i want but i have noticed that when i switch to another page the page is empty & has to reload what was already on there, does anyone elses Touch keep the websites on each page when flicking between them? I was going to use this for viewing the pages another time when i'm not in a wifi hotspot like at home or on the bus, hopefully its a bug on my Touch which can be updated in the future.

Thanks, Juice.
  2. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well I dont think its really a bug because mine does the same. The touch really wasn't made for offline browsing
  3. theopod

theopod New Member

After reading your post, I remember some posts said you can open 8 web pages on touch. But, I really think only one page is really active. I think the others only store a location like a bookmark, that you have to open again. I found this out at my library hotspot which disconnects after 10 minutes if you don't keep a unique and separate web page open to the library site. As a result. I have to reconnect my iPod touch each 10 minutes---even have to re-enter pw and un each 10 minutes. I had same problem with PDA's. I still wonder if touch has a way to keep 2 active windows open--emphasis on "active".