Official DEV TEam Upgrade 1.1.3-2 Now this is good

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by llekyamer, Jan 30, 2008.

1. llekyamer

llekyamer New Member

Ok I downgraded again and jailbroke all the way up to 1.1.3 with the official dev team 1.1.3-2 jailbrake. Everything is working from sound to ssh (although no ICon) for SSH, but I control ssh with the Services app in the installer. Youtube videos are working, gpsphone is working, now with some apps not saving their setting, has to do more with the apps than with jailbreak itself. In the next couple of days you will probably see upgrades to most of the apps in installer to bring them up to date with 1.1.3, but i must say this last jailbreak really fixed a lot of issues straight out without you having to go in and fix them yourself. Strange thta this time the SSH app icon is gone, it was there with 1.1.3-1, but who cares as log as it works.

I get in to SSH, with fugu on my mac.

Now I was on 1.1.3 wih the january app udate before i downgraded firmware to star the process again.

here are the steps again.

1-- Force restore to downgrade to 1.1.1, by holding the power and home buttons for like 10 seconds once the apple logo comes back on, let go of the power button but leave the home button pressed until you get to the restore icon( this will let you restore into any firmware from any firmware! I have done this now on 3 different ipods like 10 different times.)

2-- Restore into firmware 1.1.1

3--go to jailbreakme.com and install appsnap

4--once you have the installer go to tweaks 1.1.1 and install OktoPrep

5--Updrade to 1.1.2 by shift clicking update / not restore on itunes

6--Exit Itunes and run the 1.1.2 jailbreak and install SSH

7--Now that you have a jailbroken 1.1.2 touch,set Auto-Lock to never in settings, install BSD subsystem 2, then upgrade the installer to v3.0b10

8--Install the official dev team jailbreak 1.1.3-2

9--Once you get to 1.1.3 just install BSD subsytem again, install bosstool and move your ringtone folder, then the app folder, then the fonts folder.

It should all work including your music, youtube, and all sounds.

You will not have an SSH icon , I instaled open Ssh agin, still no icon, but I control the ssh by installing the services app. And ssh works just fine
  2. Thistle108

Thistle108 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Do Lyrics work with this one?
  3. Neil1138

Neil1138 New Member

1.1.3-2

does this delete the 185mb file? Or is that still not solved?
  4. iSecks

iSecks New Member

SSH was probably removed because of the passwd bug in 1.1.3 so they didn't want people to change the pw causing a brick. ><
  5. sangesf

sangesf New Member

The only issue I'm having with the newest JB is that when I go to start MobileFinder, EVERYTIME it reverts ALL of it's SETTINGS back to the default.

Does anyone know how to fix that?
  6. gshocker08

gshocker08 New Member

some please help me. I just did all of this. To the t. But now boss tools doesn't show up and i looked at my system through ssh and there is no applications folder in root or on the main thing! where are the applications and why can't i see any of them??
  7. njpman

njpman New Member

Is there anywhere else throught the installer I can download 1.1.3-2. The one through conceited just will not download. Thanks in advance.
  8. MaTiCeK

MaTiCeK New Member

Does this solve the playcount not syncing issue. You can test that by listening to a song till the end and then doing a sync. Please report wheather this works.
  9. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Play count worked already. For me on the old Dev Team 1.1.3 installer.sh version.
  10. crAcked_nightmAre

crAcked_nightmAre New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    just a thought. does this or can the next update to this fix this problem ive been having were apps like Books and the im clients just wont work. books wont show the books ive installed. Customize wont show the packs i installed etc etc etc. just thought. am trying now.