Official 1.1.3-1 Dev Team Update, Everything works

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by llekyamer, Jan 30, 2008.

1. llekyamer

llekyamer New Member

Ok After endless updates jailbreaking and downgrading and starting back up. I now have 2 ipods at 1.1.3 Jailbroken, with the january pack installed. I payed for it and you can install it in up to 5 ipods, because my 1 payment worked on 3 ipods so far. My sound works after I reseted all settings, It was not worling before that but as soon as I did that it fixed youtube, it fixed playing videos, and all sound coming out of the ipod touch. My SSH is working I have been able to ssh in with fugu on from my mac , and have chaged the skins for the sip-voip app. Now on that one the setting would not save so I just replaced the settings file on the voip-app with my own thru SSH and now my settings are saved and don't have to input them everytime i want to use the app.

Again if you are having a problem with sound ,,,, reset all your settings in settings-general-reset- reset all settings and your sound will beack including the ability to play videos in you tube. It worked on 3 ipods so far. they where all havin the same problem with sound before.

I have used every jailbreak released in the last 5 days or so, easily over 30 hours of time spent on the computer, my wife wants a divorce, so pay attention,
    If you want to jailbreak up to 1.1.3 and not waste countless hours experimenting, and be able to use SSH again afterwards to put stuff in your ipod touch, and still hear sound out of it just follow this steps.

1-- Force a restore of your ipod touch(don't matter what version you are on now. If you force restore, any version of itunes will then let you restore, even to a previous firmware)

2-- Shift restore into 1.1.1

3-- Jailbreakme.com and install the appsnap, let it run then install oktoprep in tweaks 1.1 folder in the installer

4-- upgrade to 1.1.2

5- JAilbrake 1.1.2and install ssh

6. -- Upgrade installer-- Very Important you must upgrade the installer if you don't you will cry

7---Install BSD subsytem

8- Install the Official Dev Team jailbreak 1.1.3-1 (important the first one did not let you use SSH properly- this version does)

9-- once in 1.1.3 install boss tool first and move the ringtones folder-then the applications folder- then the fonts folder- In that order, if not it will give ou trouble, don't know why but it does.

10--- Now reset all your settings agin now reset all your settings
  2. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Your procedure pretty much matches the one that I used on my most recent attempt, except that I did it manually so I knew what was going on. And mine works perfectly too.
  3. dustydude

dustydude New Member

Testing this out now
  4. tootricky

tootricky New Member

And when you have this 1.1.3 software upgrade installed (not a jb) what then?

psx4all doesn't work in 1.1.3
    gpsPhone doesn't work in 1.1.3
    summerboard doesn't work in 1.1.3
    maps needed a framework file changed because the jb I used was corrupt.
    plus countless other little issues and apps that don't work as they should

Can we all not wait until the real JB is out in a month and all the apps we love are ready?
  5. llekyamer

llekyamer New Member

My maps work great

My maps work great on all 3 ipods, but then I paid for my upgrade, I don't know if you did?
  6. llekyamer

llekyamer New Member

GPSphone is working I just reinslled it

I got the GPSpHone app to work on 1.1.3 all my roms work. I used fugu to SSH back in and made a new ROMs folder in the private media folder then made a new GBA folder and put the roms inside that. You must also get the GBA Bios bin and put that in the apps folder of GSPphone
  7. Tatsu

Tatsu New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hmm I'm gonna try this. wish me luck since i was about to "accidentally" drop my ipod in the toilet yesterday trying to jailbreak it successfully lol

Please Register or Log in to view images

sweet awesome everything seems to work correctly, I'm afraid to install iPhone apps but i really don't think 20$ is worth it :\
  8. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Apparently not. Most of the problems listed have simple workarounds or are user error - only thing that you are stuck with (and likely to be stuck with forever unless/until the new 1.1.3 way of changing the images is worked out) is the plain-jane interface.

There is nothing wrong with NOT updating.

And yeah, my 1.1.3 dev team -based touch is back where it was under 1.1.2, minus the pretty background. I can live with that - the icons, THEY WIGGLE... ooooooh.
  9. tootricky

tootricky New Member

I didn't say it didn't work, the games play great. HOWEVER you can't save or save state though, which is a BIG problem.
  10. tootricky

tootricky New Member

No I didn't. But I did buy an itouch on the 12th Jan, a week before the software was released. When apple "customer services" told me I wouldn't get them free I thought, "damn you then" and TOOK them.