odd saving issue

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by xsweep, Apr 17, 2008.

1. xsweep

xsweep New Member

So for snes4iphone the save state works. All parameters are set to 777 for the games.

For psx4iphone the save state doesn't work. But the memory card save does. Params are 777 for games and 755 for the emulator itself and the bios.

So for gpSphone neither works. Params are 777 on games and emu/bios are 755.

Now I read a fix that apparently works fairly well for people, the one ZodTTD mentions by inputting a command through winSCP. problem with my winSCP is that it won't log into my iPod. the IP is correct, the user name/password are correct but it still gives me a "Network error: Connection refused." blurp.

I have a jailbroken 1.1.3 16gig iPod touch. Running 1.0 snes4iphone (just updated to 1.5), 0.2 psx4iphone, and 1.5 gpSphone (just updated to 1.7)

Any idea's?
  2. xsweep

xsweep New Member

Problems all solved.

For winSCP to work I just needed to install openSSH from installer. Parameters were never an issue here. Luckily.

The real issue was the directory the roms were in. The psx4iphone save state did work, I just never gave it a chance after it failed multiple times as version 0.1.0 when roms were under the root directory. I only tested the memory card functionality after updating to 0.2.0 when I was forced to move the roms over to the mobile directory.

The other two emulators appear to recognize roms from both folders. But the directory the roms are in plays a significant role in whether or not you can save. The confusing thing is is that the SNES roms require to be under the root directory to save. While the GBA roms require to be in the mobile directory to save. How confusing.

var/mobile vs var/root