odd problem with the keyboard

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bluecrow628, Mar 11, 2008.

1. bluecrow628

bluecrow628 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    several days ago, i noticed that when i typed in my screen name/username, bluecrow628, for all of the acounts i have, i noticed that when you type the word "blue" and then any letter, and then try to press the r key, it will not let you, and will either select the e or the t. to clarify, when typing anything that begins with the letters bluex, with x representing any letter, i am then unable to input an r into the keyboard. i tested this out on two other ipod touchs, and they have the same issue. the only way to get an r is to type out bluect, and then backspace and put r. it isnt a big problem, but that is my name for everything, and it becomes very bothersome. maybe somebody here knows what the problem is
  2. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    yea all ipod touches have that problem. its a problem on apples part for trying to make the ipod guess what you're trying to type. theres certain words that you cant spell unless you do the same thing because it wont let you hit the right letter.
  3. bluecrow628

bluecrow628 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    lol thats odd. seems kind of unhelpful, is there any way or turning off the automatic spelling corrector?
  4. 1337chaos

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    there used to be a repo that had a package that added the ability to turn off auto-correction. not sure what ever happened to it... sorry i cant be of more help
  5. bluecrow628

bluecrow628 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    its ok, thanks anyway
  6. 1337chaos

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Go to installer and look under 1.1.1 tweaks. Install the Kb2 package and see if it fixes it
  7. 4dthinker

4dthinker New Member

My Touch doesn't do that (anymore). I remember at some point when the autocorrect was working I found a way to turn it off. It's not in settings, as I just checked. I'm in 1.1.3.

When it happens next, look for an "x" or somesuch to cancel the "feature". I don't miss it.
  8. bluecrow628

bluecrow628 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    unfortunatly i am running 1.1.4, would this work for me?
  9. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Yeah well
    Bluer isn't a word

Please Register or Log in to view images

So Apple's "smart" keyboard won't let you type it, and makes letters around it moe prominant (probably the "D" key... but Idk if Blued is a word either.

Please Register or Log in to view images

)

Idk if there's a fix?