odd problem with sent mail on mobilmail

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by RadicalxEdward, Oct 12, 2007.

1. RadicalxEdward

RadicalxEdward New Member

Whenever i send an email from the ipod(or the computer too), it goes into the sent email folder and it gets downloaded as a new incoming email on the ipod. wtf?
  2. gon

gon New Member

I have the same effect with Gmail, don't know why

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Spectral

Spectral New Member

You prolly didnt uncheck the "Always send BCC" which means it sends a Blind Carbon Copy to yourself everytime you compose a mail.
  4. gon

gon New Member

'Always BCC myself'. I've tested this option switched on and off, on both settings there is every sent mail in my incoming mails
  5. moosalope

moosalope New Member

I'm also trying to figure this out. I'd like to keep track of the emails I send from the Touch, and if you try to move the "new" email from your inbox to sent, it disappears. Anyone know a fix, or a way to create a new folder?
  6. skalover89

skalover89 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This seems to be an issue with Gmail. They use labels instead of folders I believe. The same thing happens on my blackberry. I had to put a filter on my blackberry internet service account to fix it. I set it up to not forward incoming mail from my email address in the From: field. I don't know if you can put a filter on the iPod Touch. I'm still trying to figure that one out myself. Maybe you have to do it from within Gmail itself? I'm not sure how that would affect your account though. I don't know if other e-mail accounts other than Gmail are affected the same way. This doesn't happen with my yahoo account. Hope this helps.