Odd Problem with Mail.app and email accounts

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dotAlexX, Mar 18, 2009.

1. dotAlexX

dotAlexX New Member

I've been using mobile email accounts for text messaging friends. But I've come across an annoying problem recently where I'll send a message and it will be constantly spammed to the persons phone even when my iPod Touch is turned off. It first happened to my push email via mail2web.com. At first I thought it was a problem with their server until I realized my gmail account was doing the same thing. I've been doing email to SMS for a while and I never had this problem via a browser on a computer. Now that I use the iPod Touch all the time I finally got this problem. Any idea of what it could be or what I can do to stop it? I tried making the email account inactive but my friends are still reporting receiving the same message over and over. Then I tried deleting my sent box/ Outgoing but still sends the same thing. The last thing I did was delete my mail2web account and that worked but I can't delete my gmail. Any ideas?
  2. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    for texting use text free unlimited from the appstore. i think thats what its called. i put a theme on mine so it looks like the sms so i cant see the real name.
  3. dotAlexX

dotAlexX New Member

Thanks I'll give this a try. I was using infiniteSMS but google quickly killed it. Hopefully my email will stop spamming my friends sometime soon while I'm using textfree as an alternative. Also where did you find your theme?
  4. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    i made the theme. i have a theme for my sms, mms, and siphon(just for fun). i made a camera also just for fun

Please Register or Log in to view images

if you want it ill be happy to send it to you.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    heres what the sms and mms icons look like.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. prjk7

prjk7 New Member

Could you please post screenshots of your theme?