Odd problem, ipod crashed?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BlueSkyfish, Oct 24, 2008.

1. BlueSkyfish

BlueSkyfish New Member

I left my ipod for a few days fully charged, and when I came back to it it had lost all the battery power. I Hooked it up to itunes to charge it. Itunes can see the ipod and its details, but the bar that shows what is on it has all be replaced with "other" instead of the music that was there. The ipod touch cannot find the music, but my pictures are still there.

Here is a screenshot of my problem

The itunes library didn't want to synch as it claims it hasn't got room, but I know my library is small enough to fit into the ipod as it did that the day before this problem, and the only change since then is that I deleted a song. now it is trying to put the library on top of what is already there it seems. my ipod touch is of the 16GB type.
  2. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just restore?
  3. BlueSkyfish

BlueSkyfish New Member

?

I thought restore makes all my notes and applications go away? I don't want to loose my notes.

edit: I restored like you said anyway, but the problem is still there, the music is not readable and just take up a lot of space as "other" that I am unable to remove.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    It seemed to have fixed itself during the time that I was waiting. The "other files" turned back into music while I wasn't watching. I guess that is good.