Odd lockup issue....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Scoobie10, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Scoobie10

Scoobie10 New Member

I had my Touch almost three weeks before I jailbroke it. For those first three weeks it ran perfect. The jailbreak went smooth and I ended up with a very functional Touch. My problem is this; a few days after I tapped into the touch with the jailbreak (and added the iPhone apps) the Touch would lock up, meaning that when I would shut it off it wouldn't come back on. No Apple icon or anything. After doing everything I could think of, I finally restored it and started over.

The second time around was just like the first, everything went well with the jailbreak and installation of new apps. Two days later I had the same lockup issue. However this time I decided to let it sit over night and deal with it in the morning. The next morning, I tried to start it up again with the Home/Power button combo and it started up for me just fine, albiet with a dead battery. The night before when it locked up the battery was full. During the night the Touch was NOT connect to the computer. It drained on it's own. I charged it up and was working fine.

Two or three days later I'm sitting here with an iPod Touch that has locked up again. Blank screen....nothing......can't force it to do anything.

Does anyone have any insight into this? I don't see any issues that mirror mine. Bad device or should I stay away from the jailbreak?
  2. Scoobie10

Scoobie10 New Member

I should also clarify that forcing the device into recovery does not work. Holding down both buttons for several minutes does not bring up anything but a black screen. I am actually able to do a restore from iTunes. A message pops up and says something to the effect of "iTunes has detected an iPod in Recovery mode. The iPod Needs to be Restored". I don't mind restoring again but I would really rather learn what's causing the problem first.
  3. sagsi

sagsi New Member

This may be related to ...

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4439
  4. Scoobie10

Scoobie10 New Member

5. sagsi

sagsi New Member