Odd jailbreak removal

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by AutoItKing, Jan 10, 2008.

1. AutoItKing

AutoItKing New Member

When I installed the SIP-VoIP app and then hid it with installer, the jailbreak was somehow "removed" from my iPod. But my custom Preferences.app was still there and working. Really weird, I'll just have to remember not to hide that icon.
  2. AutoItKing

AutoItKing New Member

OK, this got even weirder now. I restored to 1.1.1, jailbroke, updated to 1.1.2, jailbroke, and then, nothing. And oddly enough, the battery icon in the top right, was still numerical, like I had set it, so weird. But I know why it did that. I'll try it again, this time without backing up the settings, see if that will work.
  3. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    this has been happening alot lately, its weird iTunes just doesn't mess with some things when its doing these updates.

After I posted, I remembered. ITunes backs up your iPods preferences, then when u sync it again it replaces your settings. I have had bad issues with this that I don't even want to get into. But that's what's happened I'd bet.
  4. AutoItKing

AutoItKing New Member

I hoped that wouldn't matter, but it did. I'll try again after school today. Stupid free Internet phone!
  5. AutoItKing

AutoItKing New Member

Has anyone else had this problem with VoIP? The jailbreak somehow "disappears" off of your iPod? I want to make sure I avoid the things that do it.