Odd Ipod Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jeffro185, Apr 17, 2009.

1. jeffro185

jeffro185 New Member

My ipod messed up during a jailbreak. So I put it in restore mode and tried to restore it, but when it got reconized by itunes, it said i had an iphone?
    I also tried to manually restore it through liberty but i had no luck.
    I think if it still reconized it as an ipod i can fix it, but i have no clue what to do.
    BTW: The screen has turned on( turned white ), i also had 1.1.4 software on there at the time.
  2. theboss123

theboss123 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    go into DFU then restore
  3. jeffro185

jeffro185 New Member

I have tried.
    I just got it out of DFU mode and into restore(via liberty). I cant restore it becuase itunes thinks i have an iphone for some reason, and an error pops up and says its the incorrect software.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ive been browsing the forums and im now able to turn it on and off successfully, but still its a blank screen. Ive downloaded and used iBrickr to try to get it out, but the colors wont even show up. I also downloaded Ziphone to try to get it out of restore mode but ive not had any luck.
    I dont know anyway to bypass the part about it saying its an iPhone, if someone could just tell me how to do this, i can manage the rest. Thanks
  4. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    If it happened while you were jailbreaking it, you better hope it wasn't flashing the NOR, that could mean your phone is "bricked".
  5. jeffro185

jeffro185 New Member

Idk if it was or not, it said something about ROM when it messed up. and its an iPod, not an iPhone lol.
    When I was browsing the forum, i found this http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90597

Could anyone run me through on how to do this? I got all the software needed, just need an explanation.