Odd battery problem. Any tips??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Unregistered, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have an 8gb Ipod touch, its about 3 years old. Latey I have been having isues with the battery. When I plug the ipod into my computer with the ipod cord to charge/sync it, the icon in the top corner says that the ipod is connected and the little lightiningbolt aperars showing that the battery is charging. The ipod syncs fine, however after about 5 minutes the batter symbol at the top changes and it just shows that it is connected and not charging. The battery then appears to automatically drain and when i go to use it it says 10% of battery left. I know it is not the cord because i have a simular device in my car that is meant to charge the ipod, however this does the same and tends to drain it. It appears that the only way i can get the battery to go back up is to not use the ipod for several days.
    Im just wondering if anybody has ever had this problem and knows what the cause is and how to fix it?? Thanks in advance for any help!
  2. pepehcosta

pepehcosta New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Try to use the battery until it's completely wasted, like absolute 0%. Then leave it charging for 12 hours.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. ale624

ale624 Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Try contacting apple
  4. Young Katbodi

Young Katbodi Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Use it till its about 10% percent of battery left then charge it until its full repeat the process.
  5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Thanks pepehcosta, i will give that a try. Has this worked for you in the past?
    Apple cant really do anything for me because the warrenty is up and i believe replacing the battery will cost to much money.
    Thanks for the advise folks!!
    If anybody else has any other ideas or thoughts feel free to post up!
  6. pepehcosta

pepehcosta New Member

Device:
    iPod touch