Objective-C help and source code appreciated!

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by gojohnnyboi, Mar 31, 2008.

1. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

This thread is older than my grandma. Please delete. I am now an experienced coder, not in need of any help.
  2. Cyanidepoison

Cyanidepoison Active Member

Just so you know, once you've learned one language, you've learned then all. After you understand programming concepts, all that is left is the syntax.
  3. gojohnnyboi

kind of. im currently looking at some peoples source code, and googled for UIKit, and it brought up much example code.

ipodtouchmaster and i are making a soft upgrade to 2.0 so that we dont have to try and fakely REGISTER our ipod like he did with itunes to use it. It wont be fully official but installer will work and such.

I was put in charge of making the GUI, and i wanna make something similar to official 1.1.3 upgrader, however i dont know HOWTO EXECUTE FILES!

IF somebodyo could please tell me how to use objective c to execute a file or command i would gladly rep.
  4. yz85 rider

yz85 rider Banned

Very nice to see you two getting along after the huge fight.
  5. gojohnnyboi

: ) i said to everyone i intended to stay active on the forums....so i did. we just kind of moved on
  6. yz85 rider

yz85 rider Banned

Very nice. People were being very childish about that whole situation.
  7. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey, I have a recommended read for you. Programming in Objective C by Stephen Kochan is a great book for beginning iPhone/iPod touch toolchain developers. It's not platform-specific, but instead teaches the syntax and pieces of Objective C. There's also no knowledge perquisite, so you can start from scratch with this book. I'm currently reading it, and I have to say that it's very well-written and easy to follow. You'll have to buy it, though, because it's 556 pages (way too long for a library checkout

Please Register or Log in to view images

). I hope this helps you out gojohnnyboi--the jailbreak community is dying to have "coders", as they call them (although I prefer the term "developers", haha). Also, NerveGas' book would be great to read next.
  8. gojohnnyboi

thanks. but since my dad just got layed off i dont get allowance anymore( at least for now) and i cant buy any books.
  9. yz85 rider

yz85 rider Banned

Oh search for a download on google.
  10. Mantu

Mantu New Member

Device:
    iPod touch