O2 loses UK iPhone exclusivity

Discussion in 'Front page news archive' started by News Bot, Sep 29, 2009.

1. News Bot

News Bot iFans.com News

2. Matimac

Matimac Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, I'm not in the UK, but that is interesting. Pretty sure that it would affect the iPhone sales in the UK, as there will be a broader range of options to choose from. We'll just have to wait and see the official statistics from 2010 =]
  3. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Heard about this yesterday,not that interesting,still going to be expensive,but it don't really make a difference.Its more interesting for people on AT&T because people hate AT&T where as people kind of enjoy 02. Even more interesting for phones like palm pre and android platform due to the fact their will be more iphones in people's hands,thus price dropping in every-other phone to keep up.
  4. JapesSaysDan

JapesSaysDan New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This is great news, o2 had rediculous prices, and with 2 new networks competing there will definately be more people able to afford an iPhone.
  5. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I doubt the prices will drop,even if they do it would be a tiny amount.plz remember this Apple we are talking about,im sure they have a say in the price,the 3g might drop,but who cares about contracts,their rip offs,pay as you go are the best.MY iphone 3g is good for another year anyways,might pick up a pre later when on 02 or a HTC hero
  6. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    3 businesses now competing against each other to get people to buy the iPhone on their tariff.

Sure the 3GS price will stay about the same due to the fact that Apple set that price. But the prices of the contracts will drop. If they don't then the regulators in the UK will have something to say about the collective monopoly on the market. There will have to be some kind of competition, either being free tethering included with the contract or simply cheaper prices.
  7. VViper

VViper New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This is fantastic news, really wanted iPhone to be available on Vodafone (no o2 connectivity at my house) plus its more competition which should hopefully be good for the tarrif prices!
  8. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I paid £440.40 for no signal at my own house..

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    that sucks
  10. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Well hopefully... I can get T-Mobile/Orange to unlock it for me if I take out a contract with them. Or just take out the contract, get a "free" phone and sell my O2 one.